Welcome, Friends!

My photo
Iowa, United States
A baby boomer, married, mother of 3 adult children; Teacher Librarian by profession; enjoys reading, genealogy, and spontaneous events!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer is Here!

I'm feeling a little better now. Last weekend I was SICK. I had a terrible cold or something, but I coughed a lot, was sleepy, and generally felt rotten. Now I'm still coughing, but not as much. Everyone was here too! Marie and Steve have informed me that they have dry, scratchy throats - so I guess I'm to blame. One lady at work told me that her husband was like this for 2 1/2 weeks.
Please put Shirley Frakes Fredrickson in your prayers - she's in the hospital with pneumonia. "Get better soon, Shirley."
Well, the kids have all gone home, but the books haven't! I still have 5 State Library Reports to complete. It's just putting in data online, so it sounds worse than it is.
Geoff heads for work in Alaska soon. He flies out of Minneapolis on Sunday. He's working at Lake Marie Lodge near Anchorage.
We learned yesterday that Belmond-Klemme probably won't issue contracts until mid-July at the earliest. They're waiting until all 3 administrators are hired so they can work together on who they want where. CRAP! It's OK if you know you have a job, but what about those of us that were cut or reduced? I'm looking into several other options myself.
We're supposed to get rain and thunderstorms here today. And cooler temps.
Next week Terri and I are driving down to Wichita, KS! We leave on Wednesday and come back either Sunday or Monday. We are staying with Steve. We are going to visit the Museum of World Treasures, the Wichita Art Museum, tour downtown Wichita, tour KWCH-TV, go to the salt mines (somewhere nearby), and watch a movie where you sit on a balcony in an easy chair and can order food/drink and alcohol during the show. REAL TOURISTS!
Today and Monday I work at WH in Britt. I'll get back to B-K on the 15th. I have a class in Cedar Falls from 16-18th.
Did I say I was very glad our family could get together last weekend? We were only missing Jeff Allen. :( Maybe we'll head out to CO for Thanksgiving. I plan to go in July.
Well, I guess I'll close for now.
Love ya all...
tlesr

No comments:

www.myfitnesspal.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools