Welcome, Friends!

My photo
Iowa, United States
A baby boomer, married, mother of 3 adult children; Teacher Librarian by profession; enjoys reading, genealogy, and spontaneous events!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Birthday to Lynne!

Today is Lynne's 20th b-day. As per family tradition, the b-day person gets to choose a place to dine at to celebrate. Lynne has chosen Chinese cuisine for supper.
Last night Steve and I traveled to Nora Springs to attend the Fireman's Ball. We joined John & Terri A. and Roger & Barb R. for a night of brats, beer, and music. It was hot, temp-wise, but the breeze came up. Then the wind and rain came. We all walked the 2 blocks to John and Terri's house and had just made it when the skies let loose. We sat out the rain and then headed home. Steve and I stopped at Perkins in MC for coffee. We finally got home about 2:30a!
The fan in my house isn't working right. That means the AC isn't working. Bummer! I called my landlord and hopefully things will get fixed. Yesterday it was 90 degrees in the house! My landlord came today to look at the problem and someone will come in tomorrow to fix it.
Steve got here around 4:00p yesterday. He said the travel up was long.
This morning we took Lynne out for breakfast at Denny's. That's where Lynne and I went on Thursday for my birthday. The b-day person gets a free Grand Slam with proof of ID of course! So when it's your birthday head for the nearest Denny's to eat free!
We never made it to the Chinese cafe. Lynne decides that she wanted to go out with her friends to celebrate her birthday. Instead I made supper for Steve and me.
Well, my contract won't be here until sometime this week. It's on hold until the school's lawyer can look it over. I guess it's because my new contract is modified for the 2010-2011 school year. And I'm not the only one. I just wish we would get the contract thing settled.
Kellie and the boys are on their way to Iowa from Texas. They're up here to celebrate July 4th in Obkoboji.
Trudy called today to wish me a belated birthday. She and Bob were on their way to Wisconsin from New York City by truck.
Bye for now...
Theresa

No comments:

www.myfitnesspal.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools