Welcome, Friends!

My photo
Iowa, United States
A baby boomer, married, mother of 3 adult children; Teacher Librarian by profession; enjoys reading, genealogy, and spontaneous events!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me (& Doug)

I woke up today one year older. One of my FB friends said it was better than the alternative, which I guess he meant better than dead. Which is true. Thanks for the laughs, Mark. Also, happy b-day to my brother-in-law Doug R. I'll always be exactly 3 years older than he is! Steve called me this AM to wish me a happy b-day.
Yesterday I had a job interview with Waldorf College (in Forest City) for the position of library assistant. More precisely, PT evening & weekend reference librarian during the academic year. The college's Luise V. Hanson Library is beautiful, recently remodeled. I came away with a good feeling and I'll know in about a week. I'm hoping with the cuts the school has made, getting this position would help out.
Speaking of the schools, contracts should be out this week. Maybe even today!
I've had several calls from Geoff in Alaska. I'm sending him out a care pkg today. He also sent me a letter describing some of his wilderness adventure. "No phone, no Internet, no alcohol, no women." He's already seen 4 bears, but none up close. He said he sleeps with his gun nearby in case of night time intruders.
I bought me one of those up-side-down tomato bags to grow one of my tomato plants. Then I had to buy a shepherd's hook to hang it on because I'm too short to water it when hung from the deck roof. There better be some good tomatoes!
Lynne says she's taking me out for breakfast. I guess I better get her up!
Steve will be here 26-JUN to 5-JUL. His plans are to empty out the Rockwell house so we can put it on the market to sell.
Will close for now. Until next time,
Theresa

No comments:

www.myfitnesspal.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools