Welcome, Friends!

My photo
Iowa, United States
A baby boomer, married, mother of 3 adult children; Teacher Librarian by profession; enjoys reading, genealogy, and spontaneous events!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

SIGH......

I so love the cool mornings. I sit on the back deck either with my computer or a book and always a cup of coffee. I tie the dogs out. I listen to the gentle ring of the wind chimes and watch the sway of the wind socks. RELAX. Oh, I'm going to miss this!

Today I plan to go to B-K to work on the elem LMC and take a look at how well the 7-12 LMC is coming along. I'll show pictures of the finished room. Recap: the 7-12 LMC was cut in half to make room for an alternative school. What to do with shelves and books that don't fit?!?

Steve arrived yesterday afternoon. After a feast of pizza, he and Lynne headed for Iowa State University to get her settled into her dorm. He got back shortly before 10pm and this morning I'm letting him sleep in. Nice of me, huh?

I finished Heat Wave by Richard Castle. Not bad, especially if you're a fan of "Castle" on TV. I started Valiant: A Modern Faerie Tale by Holly Black. It may take me awhile to get thru it as I don't like it as well as the first book in this trilogy [Tithe].

The house will certainly by quieter now that Lynne has returned to college. When Steve leaves it will just be me and the dog girls. I'm sure my 2 jobs will keep me busy!

My training at Waldorf has been pretty easy. Tomorrow I go in the morning to see how everything works during the day. It's also the first day work study students work so I'll get to meet them. I only work part day so I may go to WH and check on the HS LMC. I'll probably start my evening hours on the 30th. I am scheduled for M-Th, 5-11pm and 1 weekend a month.

We are so proud of Marie. She was awarded an internship to the Discovery Channel. She leaves for Washington, D.C. toward the end of September. She will be working with promotion and PR. The internship ends in December.

Well, that's about it for now.

Love ya,
Theresa

No comments:

www.myfitnesspal.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools