Welcome, Friends!

My photo
Iowa, United States
A baby boomer, married, mother of 3 adult children; Teacher Librarian by profession; enjoys reading, genealogy, and spontaneous events!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The End of Summer (for Me)

Here it is, the last day of summer. For me at least! Tomorrow I climb into the wagon of actually working. On Monday, I start my training at Waldorf College. Then from Tuesday thru Friday, I'll be at teacher workshops in Belmond and Britt. School starts either the 23rd or 24th at my schools. Waldorf doesn't start until the 30th.

Lynne starts back to ISU on the 23rd. Steve will be here to help her move into her dorm on the 20th. Did you hear about all the flood damage that hit the ISU campus? Lynne received a call from the university telling her not to move in yet. [students were able to move in early] I heard there was 5 feet of water in Hilton Coliseum.

Geoff has been taking a summer class at St. Olaf. His classes begin after Labor Day. He says he's going to do the January interim in the Bahamas.

Marie has been interviewed for an internship to National Geographic Channel's TV Series, "Dangerous Encounters." They only take 1 intern.

I treated myself to 3 new book purchases. Heat Wave by Richard Castle is based on the ABC TV detective show "Castle". His 2nd book, Naked Heat, comes out next month. The next 2 are by the author Holly Black. Ironside: A Modern Faerie Tale is the continuation of Tithe. Valiant: A Modern Faerie Tale is another book about dark faeries. I'm reading the Richard Castle book first!

My container garden is doing well. I have 2 green tomatoes and 5 banana peppers!

I want to send happy birthday wishes to my brother, Tim S. [16-AUG] and niece, Sara H-T [17-AUG]. Many more candles to you both! Happy Anniversary to my daughter, Marie and her husband, Jeff A. [18-AUG]. And many more!

Take a moment to listen to an Elvis Presley song or watch an Elvis movie this week. The great King of Rock and Roll passed away on 16-AUG-1977. There was or is no one like him.

Check back with me next week!
Love ya, Theresa

No comments:

www.myfitnesspal.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools