Welcome, Friends!

My photo
Iowa, United States
A baby boomer, married, mother of 3 adult children; Teacher Librarian by profession; enjoys reading, genealogy, and spontaneous events!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays Always get Me Down

Actually I don't mind rainy days as long there are not a lot of them in a row! Now Mondays......
I had a nice Happy Mother's Day. On Friday, I received flowers from Marie, Geoff and Lynne. On Sunday, Lynne and I went to Milford to visit my dad, and Tina, Kevin & Sadie. Geoff called from Australia to wish me a happy day late Sunday night. I also had various text messages on the cell phone. All in all, a nice day.
The weather here is crappy. Very cold. At least no snow! Rain today and tomorrow.
Only 3 actual weeks of school days left! The time will go fast! There will be a lot of books to check in when they are returned!
Geoff flies home on May 23rd. YEAH! He's bringing me home a magnet from Australia for my fridge, you know. And a shot glass for Terri, too! Then he's off to work in Alaska for the summer on JUN 6!
Lynne went out job hunting today. She has her application in at several places. At least now she has a car so she won't need to use mine.
I'm trying to keep this blog upbeat, but that gets hard sometimes. I'm still waiting for contracts to come out at the schools. My hours were cut at BK and that puts me down to 3/4 time instead of full-time. My other 2 schools didn't cut my hours but they didn't add any either. It's all so frustrating!
Tonight I have a Catholic Daughters mtg. That will last from 7-9+pm. It really takes up the evening. I don't usually mind unless I'm tired; then the meeting seems to go on and on.
I'm ready to start a new book. Any ideas?
Well, I'm going to close for now. See you another time.
Theresa

No comments:

www.myfitnesspal.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools