Welcome, Friends!

My photo
Iowa, United States
A baby boomer, married, mother of 3 adult children; Teacher Librarian by profession; enjoys reading, genealogy, and spontaneous events!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

back in the saddle again...

OK. One of my New Year's resolutions was to keep up a journal/blog about my life, etc. This is about me.

Today there was frost on the grass and my furnace is going. Keep in mind it is May 9th! Yesterday some place in Wisconsin got 6" of snow. WHO KNEW?!?

BTW, Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers! I received a bouquet of flowers from my 3 children - Marie, Geoff, & Lynne. It was delivered to my school on Friday. I have such good kids. I love them dearly - with or without flowers. :)

I just finished the book "Night Road" by A.M. Jenkins. It was different. A sort of male vampire book, not romanticized like "Twilight" or "Dead in Dallas." In fact the characters are hemovores or humans who feeds exclusively on blood; not to be confused with the fictional vampire of popular legend. A very different take on the vampire trend in books. Summary: Cole is asked to take a newly created heme out for training and Cole thinks he can handle it, but accidents can happen. It's not my favorite book, but I liked it.

Now I am reading "The Everafter" by Amy Huntley. To quote the catalog card summary - After her death, 17-tear-old Maddy finds a way to revisit moments in her life by using objects that she lost while she was alive, and by so doing she tries to figure out the complicated emotions, events, and meaning of her existence. I just started it so no opinion yet.

I read about 8 books a month and often have 2 or more books going at one time. With the summer coming up, it will be more than that. I can't wait!

Please keep these people in your prayers: my sister-in law Kellie Sherrill who recently broke both bones in her right forearm in a fall; nieces Sadie Range & Leandra Reiter who will soon graduate from high school and Lakin Stevicks who just graduated from ISU; Julie Allen who recently lost one of her beloved dogs to illness; Denise Anderson who has lost both parents in less than a year; my aunt Mary Margaret Beasley and her daughter Mary Killen who's grandson and son, Chris Brooks, recently passed away, and all the aunts, uncles, cousins and other relatives of Chris - especially his son Bryce. Although we don't often tell you enough, you are in our thoughts every day.

Lynne is home for the summer. I'm not used to having another person here. It will take some getting used to. She's planning on getting a job. Soon, I hope!

Steve is planning to come up over Memorial Day weekend. Geoff will be home from Australia then too, so that will be nice when we all get together. Geoff flies back to the USA on May 23rd.

Well, until next time, love to you all.
Theresa

No comments:

www.myfitnesspal.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools