Welcome, Friends!

My photo
Iowa, United States
A baby boomer, married, mother of 3 adult children; Teacher Librarian by profession; enjoys reading, genealogy, and spontaneous events!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

17-OCT, 2009

Good Day!

The weather here is a little dreary and damp. Better than snow!!
On Thursday I helped at the Conference JH/JV/V cross country meet. It wasn't too bad until the boy's race. Shortly after they started, the rain started. My job was to hand out the placing numbers to runners as they crossed the finish line. 48 soaked, gasping, tired V boy's XC runners took a number from me. I was glad I had a hat and coat. I gave my umbrella to the girl working beside me.
Last night I baked 2 doz. blueberry scones for the Court Isabella CDA Harvest Tea scheduled for this morning. I've already dropped them off at church. Yes, they were from Martin Brothers. And yes, I've eaten some. It looks really nice. The program is "Blessing Baskets" and baskets will be available for purchase. [of course]. The menu is tea sandwiches, scones, tea cookies, and TEA!
I hear Deb Dvorak is back in town! I plan to get together with her. She has been coaching and teaching in Alaska. I bet she has some stories to tell!!!
Cricket is getting clever! She now can open the cupboard door where I keep her treats and get one for herself from the box. I'm going to have to move the treats or I won't have any left!
Terri & John might be getting a new dog. Duncan will have a new brother! They hope to adopt Scotty the dachshund. He's a 3 year old male.
Well, I'll close for now - TLESR

No comments:

www.myfitnesspal.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools