Welcome, Friends!

My photo
Iowa, United States
A baby boomer, married, mother of 3 adult children; Teacher Librarian by profession; enjoys reading, genealogy, and spontaneous events!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fish Tacos?!?

Yesterday, Marie, her friend Sarah, and I went to the newly opened Wahoo Fish Tacos restaurant in Fort Collins. Somehow, "fish" and "taco" just don't go together for me. Their motto says, "It's beach food no matter where your beach happens to be." The 'taco' part is that they use tortillas as the bread part of the meals. Has anyone else eaten at this place?
I had a combo platter of an enchilada filled with the Banzai vegetables served with brown rice and black beans. The Banzai veggies are a mix of peppers, onions, zucchini, mushrooms, and cabbage. There are 8 choices to fill your taco or enchilada with (chicken, pork, fish, steak, shrimp, mushrooms, vegetarian, and banzai veggies). Combo platters also include a choice of white or brown rice and black or Cajun beans. Toppings include cheese, enchilada red sauce, and/or Wahoo's green sauce.
The menu choices include appetizers, soup, salads, a Wahoo sandwich, combo platters, Wahoo bowls [filling over rice & beans], burritos, tacos, enchiladas, and a kid's menu. No Big Macs here! But they do serve onion rings and french fries.
BTW, Marie had a fish taco with rice and Cajun beans. Sarah had a blackened fish over rice and beans Wahoo's Bowl. We all liked the food. Well, enough of Wahoo's. And yes, I would go back again.
Today Marie and Jeff leave for Ireland. They are part of a 12 person private tour [all of the people are Jeff's relatives] of the Western and Northern parts of the island of Ireland. They fly into Shannon and depart from Dublin. I'll be driving them to the airport in Denver. They will be gone for 10 days. They actually arrive there tomorrow and right away start their tour. Terri A. and I gave them some hints and tips about travelling on the emerald isle. Terri has been there twice. Maybe someday I'll visit Ireland too. Since they are leaving, today starts my 1st day of dog sitting.
My Geoff is now the owner of a golden retriever puppy named Maggie. I'm not sure what to say about this.
Steve is expected to come to FC on July 1st. That will be nice!
I'll end this for now....
Love ya,
Theresa

No comments:

www.myfitnesspal.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools