Welcome, Friends!

My photo
Iowa, United States
A baby boomer, married, mother of 3 adult children; Teacher Librarian by profession; enjoys reading, genealogy, and spontaneous events!

Monday, September 27, 2010

It's Autumn!

It's autumn! My favorite time of year! I love the colors, the smells and the holidays! It was a marvelous day yesterday in Iowa!
This past weekend, I was a guest of Terri and John A. I helped Terri with her garage sale on Saturday. It rained! Later we went to the Elephant Keg for supper.
Last week I put in 56 hours of work. I can't wait to get my paycheck! I will put in 56 hours this week too.
On Friday, the Luise V. Hanson Library staff and several other staff departments at Waldorf College hosted the weekly Friday Coffee for faculty and staff. I helped by bringing a bowl of fruit. It was very nice.
Later, Marit R. and I attended a "Lunch and Learn" session at the Creative Kitchen Cooking School in Forest City. We learned how to make easy tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwiches for grown-ups, and microwave apple crisp. It was very good. You can find the Creative Kitchen Cooking School on Facebook.
If you get a chance, watch the movie, Hachi - a Dog's Tale with Richard Gere. Bring your Kleenex! It's based on the true story of a Japanese Akita named Hachiko and his master. It's a good family movie.
Sep 25-Oct 2 is Banned Books Week. This year's theme is "Think For Yourself And Let Others Do The Same." Here are the top 10 most frequently challenged books of 2009: 1. "TTYL; TTFN; L8R, G8R (series), by Lauren Myracle, 2. "And Tango Makes Three," by Peter Parnell and Justin Richardson, 3. "The Perks of Being a Wallflower," by Stephen Chbosky, 4. "To Kill a Mockingbird," by Harper Lee, 5. Twilight (series) by Stephenie Meyer, 6. "Catcher in the Rye," by J.D. Salinger, 7. "My Sister's Keeper," by Jodi Picoult, 8. "The Earth, My Butt, and Other Bog, Round Things," by Carolyn Mackler, 9. "The Color Purple," by Alice Walker, AND "The Chocolate War," by Robert Comier. JOIN THE BANNED!

Until next time....
Theresa

No comments:

www.myfitnesspal.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools