Welcome, Friends!

My photo
Iowa, United States
A baby boomer, married, mother of 3 adult children; Teacher Librarian by profession; enjoys reading, genealogy, and spontaneous events!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Last Stretch of April

There's so much to write about!
Last Thursday was a rainy, watery day. I know the farmers need the rain, but it makes me sleepy!
19-APR-12 was the funeral of B-K teacher Lauralee S. who lost her fight with cancer last week. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.
I went to my weight doctor last Friday. I've lost 14 lbs so far, but it doesn't seem like it! I've really got to get down to work!
I just finished reading Conspiracy 365: January by Gabrielle Lord. It's a 12 book series about a 15-year-old boy hunted by the law and outlaws alike for information that his now dead father has discovered in Ireland. He must stay alive for 365 days. I've ordered books 2-5 and will pick them up next Monday.  It has quizzes for both Accelerated Reader and Reading Counts.  I always like to keep up on my tween books!
On April 23, I gave away 20 books for World Book Night at a JR High Girls' Track Meet in Britt, IA.  The purpose of WBN was to spread the love of reading, person to person.  Volunteers in the USA, Ireland, Great Britain and Germany were giving out books.  Most people I gave books to were surprised that the books were free.  One person thanked me for being involved in the event.  Did you happen to see any WBN volunteers?  For more info go to http://www.worldbooknight.org/.
Steve is coming up next week (May 5-13).  That will be really nice!  He's going to be working on the Rockwell house to get it sold or rented ASAP!
Tonight is my last late night at Waldorf College.  We are open until midnight because of Finals Week.  We also have study snacks for the students.  Next week I will work for a few hours on May 2nd in the evening.
On Saturday I will be attending the Prom Grand March at the West Hancock HS.  I can't wait to see all the pretty dresses!
Well, that's about it!  Bye for now! - TR

No comments:

www.myfitnesspal.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools